The largest and oldest Croatian craft brewery is looking for a Lead Brewer who will be the right hand of our long-time Brewmaster and production manager – Božidar Kostanjčar!
Medvedgrad Brewery is a family-owned brewery founded in 1994, laying the foundations of craft brewing in Zagreb and Croatia. Since the beginning we have been brewing our natural beers following the highest standards and traditional methods – on modern equipment.
Our biggest love and specialty are lagers and IPAs. We consider lager to be the greatest beer classic and hops the most magical beer ingredient. The raw materials we use are exclusively of natural and top quality. We do not use preservatives, surrogates, antioxidants, enzymes nor fining agents. It is especially important to us that our new brewer understands our brewing philosophy and can easily fit into it.
We are looking for an experienced brewer who lives beer, who wants to develop, who wants to participate in the ambitious plans of Medvedgrad and who believes that his knowledge can immediately contribute to mutual success. We offer a stimulating work environment and maximum support in brewing first-class and creative beers!
- Brewing all-year and seasonal beers on an automated 60 HL brewhouse
- Participation in the management and control of fermentation
- Control of dry hopping
- Participation in the work of a 150 L pilot brewery
- Participation in the development of barrel-aging program
- Making recipes for new beers
- Involvement in laboratory work
- Participation in the supervision of CIP cleaning – fermenters and bottling line
- Record keeping
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a brewery
- Intense interest and passion for craft beer
- Desire for education and further development
- Knowledge of English in speech and writing
- Independence in work, multitasking and the ability to work in a team
- Strong work ethic and a great desire for constant improvement of beer and processes
- Brewing degree
- Technological or technical engineering degree
- Homebrewer awards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Extremely responsible position
- Good conditions adequate to position responsibility
- Working in an ambitious brewery with big development plans
- Additional education abroad
- Freedom in creative brewing and the possibility of implementing ideas
We kindly ask all interested candidates to send their applications (CV and motivation letter) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2021 by the end of the day.